One Planet York: annual event
Tue 12 Jun 2018 at 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Ron Cooke Hub, University of York, Heslington East, York, YO10 5GW
The event is organised by One Planet York in collaboration with York Health and Wellbeing Board, York Conferences, City of York Council and St Nicks.
York is known as a great place to live, work and visit – with a thriving economy, strong community and healthy environment. We know that healthy places make healthy people, so how we ensure our city continues to support and enhance people’s health, wellbeing and prosperity is the subject of much debate. Join us!
- Welcome and introduction Cllr Runciman, Chair of York Health and Wellbeing Board
- York’s public health story: strengths and challenges Sharon Stoltz, York Director of Public Health
- Health in all policies: a national picture Lina Toleikyte, Public Health England
- The town that’s found a potent cure for illness Dr Helen Kingston, Compassionate Frome Project
Workshops – Delegates will be asked to choose two on arrival – one in the morning and one in the afternoon. First come first served!
- How we address health inequalities through Community Health Champions Public Health team
- No Kidding: Ageing without children Sue Lister, AWOC coordinator
- Mental health: A glimpse into the future NHS Vale of York CCG / Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Workplace wellbeing Jo Clarke, Petros / Danielle Simpson, University of York
- Transforming our city by healthy travel Sheridan Piggott, York Bike Belles / Mike Southcombe, City of York Council / Sian de Bell, University of York
- Good Food – Healthy and sustainable Adrian Lovett, Good Food York / Jamie Sadler, Food Newcastle
- No one left behind: Towards an inclusive economy Les Newby, West York Combined Authority
- The role of Youth Social Action in building resilient and inclusive communities Jo Patton, Archbishop Youth Trust
- Nature on prescription Kathy Sturgess, Ecotherapy Project Manager at St Nicks
- Making good place – Wellbeing by design Fiona Williams, City of York Council
Full details of each workshop can be found here (opens in a different page)
This free event is part of York Festival of Ideas and aimed at anyone interested in shaping York’s future. It will be particularly useful for decision makers and those already working to make York a better place. Booking is highly recommended.
For more information, the full programme & to register, please visit Eventbrite.
Online bookings are not available for this event.