This event is part of Tang Hall Family Festival. Our ‘Go Wild’ contribution will take place at St Nicks Environment Centre and along the section of Foss Islands cycle path adjacent to St Nicks Nature Reserve. Draft programme:
- Nature walks along Foss Island cycle path: discover the astonishing diversity of wildlife living along the path and in Tang Hall Beck with St Nicks and Sustrans knowledgeble wildlife enthusiasts. Meet either at the Environment Centre or on the cycle track junction (see map here) for 11am bird walk, 12noon wildflower walk, 1pm insect walk & 2pm wetland wildlife walk.
- Ecotherapy info & green exercise tasters: learn a about the Ecotherapy Programme at St Nicks by chatting with Kathy Sturgess, the project manager, or by joining in on one of our taster sessions. Activities include ‘Sow Your Own Salad’ & 1-hour Nordic Walking tasters. All materials are free and provided. The Nordic Walking sessions are led by a trained instructor and will leave from the Ecochalet (within the compound of the St Nicks Environment Centre) at 11am, 12pm, 1pm and 2pm towards the cycle track where you have the option to join the nature walks. The tasters are light to moderate intensity suitable for most adults and are lots of fun! Please register interest in the Nordic Walking tasters using the form below.
- Dr Bike by Ey-Up Cycling – bring your bicycle to have it checked over and learn basic maintenance.
- Green wood working demonstrations by TCV
- Listening to the Becks: Do you know what a soundscape is? This community project has been recording sounds of St Nicks, particularly the Becks, and writing poetry inspired by them. Come and hear some of the beautiful sounds we have recorded and poetry we have created, and make some of your own!
- Felt making workshops with Gemma Foley – learn how to turn wool into a picture, bracelet or flower
- Coconut shy by York Community Print
- Pond dipping
- Refreshments & more
Come for the whole day or just part of it and then head on to enjoy the rest of the busy Festival which takes places at across 3 Tang Hall venues: St Nicks, Tang Hall Community Centre and Hull Road Park.
Free entry, donations welcome
Bookings are closed for this event.