More details are being added as they get confirmed – do come back to check the latest
Join our annual celebration of nature’s harvest. There’ll be fun activities for all ages:
- Apple Olympics, Longest Peel Contest and other playful opportunities
- Bake off – donate a cake/pie containing some British fruit into the contest and have a chance to win a prize: please apply by getting in touch by 12th October. Or come and be a judge on the day; for £5 you get a plateful of cake to try – will include ones made by Bistro Guy and Harlequin York – and help decide the winner. Last year’s winner of the public vote was Bistro Guy but any good baker has a chance – will it be you this time?
- Willow weaving with Angela from Yorkshire Hurdles
- 2:30pm Foraging walk with Carl from York Timebank
- 2 + 4pm Brilliant Birds! walks (for ages 4+) with Phil from EcoSapien: What’s that small bird singing in the trees? What’s that giant one on your roof? Learn how to identify your local birds from sight and by recognising their calls. We will have binoculars for you to borrow and there will be other nature activities for children throughout the afternoon.
- 2-3:30pm Soundscapes and poetry workshop, 3:30pm storytelling with Nettlefoot Kate
- Bring your bicycle along to have it checked by Ey-Up Cycling
- Eco-Crafters – have a go at needle felting, peg looms and browse their little crafty shop
- Try out one of 4 electric bikes from Electric Bike Sales York
Some of St Nicks produce
Autumnal goodies to try and/or buy from St Nicks:
- apple juice and other produce
- cider from Coleman’s Cider Company who, besides making great Yorkshire cider, use fruit that would otherwise go to waste by swapping apples for cider or apple juice with their local communities. They also give their apple pressing waste to local farmers as cattle feed so we love the way they operate as much as their Eldferflower cider – come along to try it!
- beer from Brew York who make beer without the use of any animal-based products, which is surprisingly uncommon
Stalls of local groups and businesses to browse:
The event is kindly funded by:
Free entry, donations welcome
Online bookings are not available for this event.