Autumn Fayre 2017, by Lewis Outing
12th October update – Storm Callum will not stop the Autumn Fayre fun tomorrow. While we won’t have the full range of stalls advertised, come and enjoy music, food and drink, crafts and more.
Join our annual celebration of nature’s harvest. There’ll be fun activities for all ages including:
- Apple Olympics, Longest Peel Contest, crafts with Eco-Crafters and other fun activities
- Bake off – donate a cake/pie containing some British fruit into the contest and have a chance to win a prize: please apply by getting in touch by 11th October. Or come and be a judge on the day; for £5 you get a plateful of cake to try. You will get to try cakes made by home bakers as well as professionals – confirmed entries include The Principal Hotel York, Trinacria Cafe Bar, Bistro Guy and Brunswick Organic Nursery Cafe – but you won’t know who made which one so all bakers have an equal chance as it’s all about the taste!
- Apple juicing in conjunction with Abundance
- 2:30pm Foraging Walk with Carl
- Willow weaving with Angela Cole (also see Yorkshire Hurdles) – make yourself a willow bee
- Autumnal goodies to try and/or buy including St Nicks’ sloe gin and other produce, and Yorkshire craft cider from Coleman’s
- Music (approximate timings):
- 1-2pm Paul Young
- 2-3pm Nature Voices’: Chris Bartram will lead everyone in gentle warm ups, and teach some simple songs and harmonies on the theme of plants and nature! No previous experience necessary, just bring your voice! Chris Bartram is a member of the Natural Voice Network, and leads a variety of singing workshops, including directing Converge’s Communitas choir.
- 2-3pm Helen Bell and others
- Stalls of local groups and businesses to browse:
You can also use the opportunity to drop off for recycling any TerraCycle items we collect throughout the year and – just in October – used bicycle inner tubes.
Free entry, donations welcome
Online bookings are not available for this event.