Membership & partnership
St Nicks is a member and/or partner of the following organisations whose aims are related to ours, or which provide us with support:
- The Climate Coalition the UK’s largest group of people dedicated to action on climate change and limiting its impact on the world’s poorest communities
- Eating Better – a broad alliance working together to help people move towards eating less meat and more food that’s better for us and the planet, as part of the vital task of creating sustainable food and farming systems
- Eco Sapien – a local scientific outreach project that promotes the importance of biodiversity. They offer interactive workshops and also produce insightful videos, handy infographics and interesting articles. They also assist St Nicks in delivering our education programme.
- Edible York – a lively local charity supporting the people of York to become closer to the food they eat
- Federation of Community Farms and Community Gardens – supports, represents and promotes community-managed farms, gardens, allotments and other green spaces, creating opportunities for local communities to grow
- Healthwatch York– can help you and your family get the best out of the services provided by York Hospital and York’s GPs, dentists, opticians, pharmacies, care homes, etc. You can be involved in shaping these services according to what your community wants or needs.
- York CVS – provides support for local charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises